Saturday 17 March 2012

A busy day... just some minor works...
I lowered the headlight by 2,5CM... looks much better.
A nice horizontal line from the top future seat...over the top tank... straight to the headlight.


I ordered some led lights with an aluminum housing to replace the warning lights from the old dash... only the speedometer stays, so needed to find a solution for the warning lights.
At the centre of the handlebar, between the clamps I flattened a 7MM wide section by hammering and after that clean it up with a file. The leds, 5MM, will be placed through the handlebar and the wires will go through the top-yoke into the headlight.
( all chrome parts will be re-chromed later )



I thought about a solution for the front mudguard problem and it was actually not hard.
With a good gripwrench I slightly bended the edges from the top of the stabiliser, so the edges won't cut into the aluminum and between the fender and stabiliser I added a metal ring, 4x...
The bolts are fully tightened now, the fender isn't deformed anywhere and is mounted really solid!... perfect!

No comments:

Post a Comment