Saturday 17 March 2012

Not much time today... I only fabricated the front fork stabilizer wich also carries the front mudguard.
From a metal plate I cut a strip and bend it as a U...
I messured the boltholes from the old stabilizer and drilled the holes into the new one.


After that I messured 4 boltholes in the aluminum fender, spread apart as much as possible to create a stabil mounting from the fender.


I noticed that the stabilizer is flat on top while the fender has a round shape, so screwing the fender to the stabilizer would flatten the fender.
So at this moment the screws are not tightened, don't want to ruin the beautifull fender and have to figure out a way for the stabilizer to follow the shape of the fender.
Allthough the screws aren't tightened the fender is solid mounted, no movement at all, so maybe I won't make the lower fendersupport after all.... less is more!!
Yeah... less is more but this bike is not meant as a chopped bike and not even really a cafe-racer... I would prefer to call it a retro-street-bike in 1971 Italian style.
The bike, when it's ready, should be as an actual bike wich came from a factory in those days and should meet the standards from back then, building quality, safety etc.
But it's 2012 now, the bike is meant for riding so items like indicatorlights etc must be present.
The fork gaitors, seat-unit and the indicator stems didn't come in today... package is lost or just a little late.... yeah that also happens with my own ordered stuff... not only the customers orders!
By the way, I ordered very nice small aluminum indicatorlights in the shape of a... let's say a zeppelin LOL.
The vintage Honda lights I had in mind are no longer available...
The ones I ordered now really fit with the shape of the tank... we'll see..
I just took off the headlight to cut the headlightbrackets, the light will come down by 2,5CM.... that is 1 inch.

No comments:

Post a Comment