Monday 12 March 2012

The mould from the tank will be based on the standard bottomplate from the tank, while that fits nicely on the bike.
I am going to put it on the bottom of a box and fill the rest with PU foam.
I can cut out the basic shapes in the foam and after that shape the thing with clay ( or what is that brown stuff they are using.... have to do some homework for that )
In order to get a good attachement from the foam to he bottomplate I decided to give it a full brush, removing all dirt and rust.... doesn't look so bad after doing this!


Now I placed it on the bike and drew some lines while messuring various distances and cut the plate more narrow to the new shape of the tank.


On the bike and estimate if the new shapes can be realized.


Before I am going to PU-it-down in a box I need to make the tank about 10CM longer.
While I still haven't bought a welding device it has to rest a while....


In Photoshop I pasted the outline of the new tank on the bottomplate, so I have to cut some more tomorrow.


I also found another fuelcock in my stock of used parts, one from a 1995 Fireblade, it will be placed at the rear in the centre.

No comments:

Post a Comment